Wednesday 2 January 2008

God - You There?

Me and my husband sometimes get into argument about the existence of The Almighty.
I often prefer to skip the argument with my husband, this being a very sensitive topic and me being a more sensitive person.

But I just wanted to put down, what do I really think about this?

I believe in A Supreme Power.
There is definitely something existing beyond our reach, Who/Which is steering.
Its huge and one cant even explain it all and where is the question about proving the existence?

For the atheists it could be just 'Nature' or 'Science'.

For me, I want to respect,worship and 'BLINDLY' believe 'That Something'.

But I really don't have any belief towards religion, my God, your God,Only God kind of talks.
பத்து வயதிலேயே "மாரியும்,மேரியும் ஒன்று தான்" nu கவிதை எழுதின ஆளு நான்.

Another argument from atheists, "How do you know God looked like this? Who has witnessed Him?" ...
It is human tendency to imagine any of his liking also as human.
தான் வளர்க்கும் நாய் குட்டியிலிருந்து, தோட்டத்துல இருக்க மரம், செடி னு எல்லாத்துக்கும் ஜானி, ஜுலி யில் ஆரம்பித்து ராம சாமி, முன்னு சாமி னு மனுஷ பேரு வெச்சு கூப்பிடுற உலகம் இது. அப்டி இருக்கறப்போ தான் கும்பிடுற, பார்த்து பயப்படுற சாமிக்கும் தன்ன மாதிரி மூஞ்சி, பேரு எல்லாம் வெச்சு இருப்பான் மனுஷ பயல்.

But that does not mean, I don't do idol worship. I do.
I was born in a Hindu family, and from my childhood, I was shown Pillaiyar samy,Anjaneyar samy and The Others and was told, God Will Look like this. So my pooja room has these people as Gods.
Similarly a child born in Christian family or in Islam family would have got the respective introduction.

Certainly we all are behind a Driving Force, is my strong feel. Its up to one, to look at him the way one wants to.

Kamal மாதிரி 'அன்பே சிவம்' னு at least சொல்லணும். சிவமே இல்லை னு சொல்ல கூடாது னு நெனைக்கிறேன்!

இந்த பெரியார் மாதிரி சிலர், கடவுள் பெயர்ல இந்த society ல இருந்த Ups and Downs எல்லாம் மாறணும் அப்டிங்கற நல்ல எண்ணத்துல 'கடவுளே இல்ல' அப்டி ன்னு தப்பான preaching பண்ணிட்டு போய்ட்டாங்க.

அதே மாதிரி இந்த 'கடவுள் இருக்காரு' கொள்கை யை ஏகத்துக்கு extend பண்ணி ராகு காலம், வாஸ்து, பிசாசு, பூதம் னும் நடக்குற அக்கிரமங்களுக்கு அளவே இல்லாம போய்டுச்சு.

Actually, பகுத்தறிவு is different. கடவுள் இல்ல னு மட்டும்
சொல்லுறது தான் பகுத்தறிவு னு நெறைய பேரு நெனச்சுட்டு இருக்காங்க. My husband, atheist னு சொல்றது விட பகுத்தறிவுவாதி னு சொல்லலாம்.

Very simple...Newton's third law மாதிரி தானே...நம்ம தப்பு பண்ணா கடவுள் தண்டனை குடுப்பாரு ன்னு நம்புறது? இதுல கிண்டல் பண்ணுறதுக்கும் prove பண்ண சொல்லி கேக்குறதுக்கும் என்ன இருக்கு?
Whether you believe in 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction' or 'உம்மாச்சி கண்ணு குத்தும்'... Finally தப்பு பண்ணாம இருக்கணும் அது தானே முக்கியம்?
When it could be so simple, Why in the name of God, people fight???

Same way, God based celebrations and festivals.
We need reason to clean the house, light lamps, fast and clean the body, cook and eat the likings, wear special and all the etc that one does in the name of festival.
If you don't believe in God, why you must not celebrate Deepavali? If you don't celebrate deepavali, its your house which will be not clean, not lighted up, its you who will not wear new clothes/eat sweets/burst crackers. One must not confuse celebrations and God.

That's why I said my husband is more a பகுத்தறிவுவாதி than just an atheist. I am lucky that way!!!

அவருக்கு கடவுள் நம்பிக்கை இல்லைன்னாலும் என் நம்பிக்கைகளில் எப்போவுமே குறுக்கிட்டது இல்லை.
எங்க வீட்டுல சாமி ரூம் வெச்சுருக்கேன்..
He always encourages me to celebrate any festival,
அவருக்கு வீட்டுல அகர்பத்தி வாசனை, சாப்பிட பாயசம், சுண்டல் எல்லாம் பிடிக்கும்...:-)

அப்பப்போ 'ஏங்க! இந்த bell கொஞ்சம் அடிங்களேன்! னு சொல்லி என் பக்கத்துல சாமீ ரூம் ல நிக்க வெச்சுருக்கேன், எல்லாம் என் நேரம் னு சொல்லி அடிப்பாரு..
எனக்காக கோவிலுக்கு வரப்போ , line ல நின்னு சுண்டல் பொங்கல் சாப்பிட வெச்சுருக்கேன். 'இத உங்கப்பா (அவரு தீவிர நாத்தீகம்) பாக்கணும், அலை பாயுதே மாதவன் அப்பா மாறி 'நம்ம குடும்பத்துல இப்டி ஒரு எச்ச பையன்' னு சொல்லுவாரு' னு கலாசுறதும் உண்டு.

ஆனா அவரு அதுக்கெல்லாம் சலிக்க மாட்டாரு:-)

ஆனால் நெறைய பேரு பகுத்தறிவுவாதி என்று சொல்லிக் கொண்டு தங்கள் நாத்திக உணர்வுகளை குடும்பத்தினரின் மீதும் திணித்து, கொஞ்சம் கூட குற்ற உணர்ச்சி இல்லாம மொத்த family யும் நாத்தீகமா இருக்கணும் னு செய்யுற காரியங்கள் என்னை ரொம்பவே எரிச்சல் படுத்துது...

உண்மையான பகுத்தறிவு: "இதில் மற்றவர்களின் உணர்வுகளை மதிப்பதும் அடங்கும் " என்பது இவர்களுக்கு புரியாத வரையில் இவர்கள் எல்லாம் வெறும் நாத்தீகவாதீகளே தவிர பகுத்தறிவுவாதிகள் அல்ல.
இவர்கள் எல்லாம் தங்களை பகுத்தறிவுவாதிகள் என்று சொல்லிக்கொள்ளும் உரிமை அற்றவர்கள்.

I was always doubting
நாத்தீகவாதி - atheist

பகுத்தறிவுவாதி - ??


Recently heard that it is rationalist.

1 comment:

  1. Priya madam do u know kamal hassan and his family is agnostic.

    ReplyDelete